Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday


Well buddy its your birthday today. Its been a numb day. Not sad, but not happy. A little bit hurt that only two family members remembered it is your birthday, but that is kind of selfish. Your birthday is important to me but I need to remember that it's kind of hard to remember things like this when they didn't happen directly to you. And that I'm horrible at remembering my living family member's birthdays...even though I've been trying to do a lot better (I have you to thank for that seeing as how I know what it feels like to have you forgotten and don't want them to feel that way). But still. I'm being selfish. I am just afraid you will be forgotten and that can't happen.
It was kind of odd watching your brothers and your cousin today, realizing that we would be/should've been having a birthday party for you instead of playing baseball. But you probably would've loved baseball too. Anyway, I love you. I'm sorry I didn't do more for your birthday, but I really don't know what to do that would do you justice. So I keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope your doing well. Say hi to all of our family and friends up there who have joined you. Watch over us always. I love you.

1 comment: